Welcome to SMRP Exchange, and thank you for joining our online community. To ensure the best possible experience for our members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
This platform is a great tool to get the advice of your peers, learn from their experience and participate in ongoing discussions about maintenance, reliability and physical asset management. By joining SMRP Exchange, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the rules below. If you have questions about these guidelines or the platform itself, contact SMRP at email@example.com. Someone from staff will respond within 24 hours on normal business days. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and useful dialogue, SMRP reserves the right to moderate SMRP Exchange users, terminate accounts or delete posts by participants who violate these rules.
- When you register for SMRP Exchange you must provide true, accurate and complete registration information.
- Respect the purpose of the community, and do not post advertisements, commercial messages or political statements. SMRP Exchange messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements or solicitation for services. SMRP reserves the right to remove these messages or ban users who violate this repeatedly. SMRP Exchange is meant to be a resource for meaningful discussion, not an advertising platform.
- Do not attack other participants, as SMRP Exchange is a resource for collaboration and not contention.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that otherwise violates the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others. Remember all information posted on any platform is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- Always be courteous and respect intellectual property. Please ask participants for permission to republish their words elsewhere (especially if elsewhere would be a publicly viewable setting). If a post or uploaded information is protected by copyright, be sure not to repost it without permission from the copyright owner or without properly attributing the post to the content creator.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating “noise.”
- Please review the legal disclaimer below, which includes information on harassment, copyright and antitrust.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Be transparent. Include a signature tag on your messages, and be clear who you are and who you work for when posting on SMRP Exchange.
- Write clear, concise subject lines so members can easily identify and search for your posts.
- Send messages like “thanks” or “me, too” directly to individuals and not to the entire group using the “Reply to Sender” link.
- Decide if SMRP Exchange is the right platform to share information. Sharing a link? Twitter is probably best. Sharing an article with your comments? Facebook may be better. Want to start a conversation around a topic and engage with SMRP members? SMRP Exchange is the right platform.
SMRP reserves the right to delete a community that is no longer active, and all participants may be placed in a more active and vibrant community without prior notice based on the criteria below:
- There have been no discussions since creation or within the last three months.
- If there have been no discussions and the library entry with the Resource Center is at least three months old, then the library may be archived and the community will be deleted.
- If there has been low activity or minimal discussion (e.g., no feedback is received from members of the community), then the discussion group may be removed.
- If SMRP deems the discussions would be more beneficial in another community, the existing community may be deleted.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals (SMRP). SMRP is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. SMRP disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on these sites, whether posted by SMRP or any third party. In no event shall SMRP be liable for any indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use of any information posted on these sites.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, you grant SMRP and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct which may have the purpose or effect of restricting competition. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
SMRP does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings; however, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of SMRP, we will take all appropriate action. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold SMRP, its officers, directors, employees and agents harmless from any claims arising out of your participation on these sites.
SMRP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Third time: An SMRP staff member or an SMRP Exchange administrator will edit or remove the post and then notify the participant by email or phone that they have been banned from the SMRP Exchange. A committee of SMRP members will review all actions to date to determine if any other actions are necessary. SMRP Exchange participants may seek to appeal the decision by contacting SMRP in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals is committed to protecting your privacy. We want you to understand and be comfortable with the ways we collect, store, and manage data to provide services and benefits and to deliver a personalized Internet experience.